While running a business in another country, you need to be especially careful when making juridical relations with the staff. Any state, including the UAE, aims to protect its workers’ rights and all economic entities are obliged to keep to the rules of labor law.
The vast majority of workers in the UAE are not local, so each of them should stay in the country on legal basis; that is this should be confirmed by permissive documents for work and residence in the United Arab Emirates.
There are three main areas in which our clients often have many questions. General issues on the Labor Law appear at the stage when starting a business. During this period an owner of a registered company needs to find out all the peculiarities of labor relations in this country: there are procedures for hiring and dismissal, labor normalization rules, working hours, vacation, etc.
This includes development of personnel documents (the standard contract of employment, local business acts and others.). It is important to remember that the United Arab Emirates is the country of a unique culture. This may cover not only legal rules but also the unwritten traditions, which one cannot ignore.
Our professional advice will help you to avoid unpleasant situations with employees that can lead to serious consequences for the company and you as the owner of the business.
HR administration is monotonous and routine. It is a necessary part of operation for any company. An improper execution of unnecessary (at first sight) documents can turn into heavy penalties and other sanctions, up to the court charges and suspension of the company operation.
Having disputes with the authorities in a foreign country is really a bad idea.
To avoid this, it is necessary to fulfill two conditions:
• to issue labor relationships legally competent and to maintain HR outsourcing correctly;
• to carry out regular audits.
HR and legal audit is designed to identify and to eliminate possible inaccuracy and errors in the HR administration. It helps also to assess the correspondence of the personnel documentation up to relevant norms of the legislation. It can be complete (when all the documents are checked for a certain period) and selective (when only individual blocks of documents or multiple typical documents are checked).
Besides this, the procedure of an accurate salary calculation and other payments to employees can prevent any possible disputes in the future. As a result of the audit, your company gets recommendations, which should be considered you to prevent getting into a trouble because of the law violation.
Moreover, such audit can help to settle current disputes with the personnel before the discontent employees go to the court. Needless to mention, auditors maintain the confidentiality of information that is accessed. It happens that in some conflict situations there is no other way to come to an agreement with an employee. The case comes into the court. Such disputes are a very sensitive subject, and as a rule the court is taking employees’ side usually.
– регистрация компаний во внутренней юрисдикции – регистрация компаний в свободных экономических зонах – регистрация офшорных компаний – регистрация представительств и филиалов иностранных компаний
– внесение изменений в лицензию – внесение изменений в состав учредителей и уставной капитал – ликвидация компании – смена названия или вида деятельности компании
– регистрация торговой марки в ОАЭ – взыскание задолженностей – споры по недвижимости – представительство в судах всех инстанций – трудовое право
– бухгалтерское обслуживание в ОАЭ – аудиторские услуги – составление бизнес планов – ликвидация юридических лиц
– обновление лицензий и регистрации юридических лиц – визовые услуги – регистрация юридических лиц в министерствах и профильных госучереждениях – получение сертификата налогового резидента – получение справок из госучреждений ОАЭ
This post is also available in: Russian